Practice Areas

Morse & Pride wants to be your go-to legal services provider. One of the primary jobs of a lawyer is to help people solve problems. That may mean going to court, preparing documents, simply making a phone call, or giving professional legal counsel after a thorough conversation. Whatever your problem may be, we encourage you to call our office and one of our lawyers will personally look into the matter and let you know if we can help. If you don’t see your case type on this page don’t worry, we still want to see if we can help and encourage you to call.

Business Formation

If you are starting a new business, or have an established business that’s growing, Morse & Pride is here to discuss your business formation options with you and to help you choose a business entity (limited liability company, C corporation, S corporation, sole proprietorship, partnership) that best fits your needs. After you decide your choice of entity we can form your company, obtain a employer identification number (EIN), and prepare a LLC or shareholders’ agreement that will define the rights and obligations of the owners.

Elder Law

Elder Law services are a specialty of Morse & Pride. Click here to visit our dedicated Elder Law Page.

Estate Planning (Wills/Trusts/Powers of Attorney)

At Morse & Pride, we believe in comprehensive estate planning documents that accomplish your goals. We not only strive to assist you in ensuring your loved ones are taken care of upon your death, but also to make sure that if you are incapacitated, you have the support you need. We do this by drafting Powers of Attorney and Advanced Health-Care Directives that allow you to choose people to help you make financial and health-care decisions, as well as work with you on Wills and/or Trust documents that transfer your property in ways that align with your goals.

Family Law (Divorce/Custody/Child Support)

Family Law legal services are a specialty of Morse & Pride. Click here to visit our dedicated Family Law page.


The federal and state laws affecting landlord and tenant rights are numerous and complex. When a dispute arises it is important that you are aware of your rights and your available courses of action. Whether you are the landlord or the tenant the chances are that you stand to benefit greatly from professional legal counsel. One of the best ways to protect your interests is to have your lease agreement drafted by a lawyer. Many of the lease agreements available online or drawn up by non-lawyers contain provisions that are unenforceable because they are trumped or prohibited by landlord tenant laws. Our attorney is available to draft a lease or represent either party in a dispute including evictions. It is important that you contact legal counsel as soon as possible in these matters because your options are often extremely time sensitive. Please do not hesitate to call to set up an appointment and discuss your rights.

Probate (Estate Administration/Guardianship/Conservatorship)

If you recently lost a loved one, whether they left a will or not, you may need to file a case in the probate court. We can help you with that. The attorneys at Morse & Pride will take you step-by-step through the process of probating an estate and make sure that all of the proper procedures and statutes are followed, as you distribute your loved one’s legacy to his or her beneficiaries.

Another jurisdiction of probate courts in Maine is over Guardianships and Conservatorships. Sometimes a loved one becomes incapacitated and/or can no longer make their own decisions due to dementia or some other health issues. If the loved one never signed an Advanced Health-Care Directive or a Durable Power of Attorney for Finances, it may become necessary to petition the probate court for legal guardianship and/or conservatorship over that loved one in order to make health-care or financial decisions for them, including moving them into a long-term care facility. We’re here to help you though the process of gaining guardianship or conservatorship so that you can care for and protect your loved one.